An iron full-rigged ship built in 1873 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 64,68×10,45×7,16 meters [231'1"×37'1"×23'4"] and tonnage 1332 GRT and 1279 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for W.C. Battersby & Co., Liverpool.
- 1889 February 22
- Sold to Alb. Evers & Classen, Hamburg, and was renamed Ocean. Assigned the German signal RHML. The new German measurements were 68,48×10,84×7,22 meters and 1332 GRT.
- Captain E.H.C. Staben.
- Probably re-rigged as a barque in this year.
- Sold to August Troberg, Mariehamn. [Kresse has Donner in 1899]
- 1911 November 4
- Wrecked on the west coast of Isle of Islay on voyage from Dublin to Moss.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.