An iron full-rigged ship built in 1863 by J. & W. Dudgeon, London.
Dimensions 216'7"×32'0"×20'6" and 1030 GRT, 1030 NRT and 956 tons under deck.
- 1863 May
- Launched at the shipyard of J. & W. Dudgeon, London, for Willis & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Registration No. 47442 and signal VNPR.
- Sold to Sandbach, Tinne & Co., Liverpool. Used in the Cacutta - Demerara coolie trade.
- LR 1879-80: Master: Captain A. Blackstone.
- 1880 September
- Sold to Trinder, Anderson & Co., London, and was renamed Barunga. Altered to barque rig and used in the Australian wool trade.
- 1884 July 25
- Sold to Bror M. Banck, Helsingborg, for £ 1500. Captain Carl August Myra, Norrtelje, was given command of the ship.
- 1887 September 12
- Sold to A. Victor Sundman, Mariehamn, for SEK 36.000.
- LR 1889-90: Master: Captain Connel.
- 1890 January 22
- Capsized during a hurricane in the Atlantic during a voyage from Ship Island, MS, to France with a cargo of pitchpine. The crew was saved by the British steamer Cape Corrientes of Sunderland on January 28.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 2000-03-21 by Lars Bruzelius
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.