An iron fullrigged ship built in 1867 by G.R. Clover & Co., Birkenhead.
Dimensions 216'0"×36'2"×23'7" and tonnage 1234 GRT, 1250 NRT and 1199 tons under deck.
- 1867 August
- Launched at the shipyard of G.R. Clover, Birkenhead, for R. Hughes & Co., Menai Bridge, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 60005 and signal KBLC.
- Captain Evans was given command of the vessel.
- Sold to August Troberg, Mariehamn, for FIM 70.000. The Finnish
measurements were 63,2×11,1×7,32 meters.
- 1902 November 11
- Grounded near Leeman Owers on the English East coast on voyage from Fredrikstad to Delagoa Bay with a cargo of timber. The ship, which had spung a leak and got seven yards broken, was brought to Hull by English steam trawlers where she was condemned.
- 1903 January
- The wreck was sold for £ 1150 to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1998-01-09 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.