Bay of Naples
An iron fullrigged ship built in 1875 by A. Hall & Co., Aberdeen.
Dimensions 266'7"×39'3"×23'8" and 1677 GRT, 1621 NRT and 1563 tons
- 1875 September
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Hall & Co., Aberdeen, for J. & G. Buloch, London.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 73585 and signal WTDF.
- Sold to Rederibolaget Trio (Moe & Ceder), Vasa, Finland, and was renamed Triton.
The first Finnish master was Captain Viktor Napoleon Ceder.
- 1914 May 31
- Was dis-masted and damaged in a storm off Rio de la Plata and was abandoned. The crew was rescued by the German steam ship Alexandria.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-25 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.