An iron full-rigged ship built in 1868 by Iliff & Mounsey, Sunderland, as yard no. 30.
Dimensions: 166'3"×28'1"×17'3" and tonnage: 536 GRT, 536 NRT and 494 tons under deck.
Re-rigges as a barque before 1889.
Final fate not known.
- 1868 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Iliff & Mounsey, Sunderland, for Gourlay & Co., Glasgow. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 52853 and signal HLVS. Employed in the South American [?] trade.
- Captain C. Sauer was given command of the vessel.
- Sold to Heinrich Bauer, Rostock, for DEM 82.000 and was renamed Emma Bauer.
Assigend the German signal MDPQ.
The new measurements were 49,87×8,43×5,17 meters and 536 RT.
Captain H. Niemann, Dändorf, was given command of the vessel.
- Sold to Paul Grampp, Rostock.
- Sold to Anders Nilsson and partners, Helsingborg, for SEK 30.000 and was renamed Anders. Assigned the official Swedish Registration No. 3886 and signal JMGD.
The new measurements were 49,44×8,58×5,27 meters and 536 GRT, 496 NRT and 800 DWT.
Captain Nils Olof Gudmundsson, Råå.
- Captain Jacob Andersson, Råå.
- 1913 December 4
- Drifted ashore at Dybingen during a severe gale.
Was subsequently salvaged but condemned at Christiansand on January 8, 1914.
- Sold to Langesunds Ophugningskompani for SEK 16.000.
- 1914 Autumn
- Sold to Åsbacka Trävaru AB, Söderhamn, and was rebuilt as a barge.
- 1919 September 30
- Sold to Ostkustens Transport AB, Stockholm.
- Sold to Kungl. Marinförvaltningen.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Rabbel, Jürgen: Rostocks eisener Segler.
Hinstorf Verlag, Rostock, 1990 (2. Aufl.). 8vo, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.