A steel barque built in 1892 by Grangemouth Dockyard Co., Grangemouth, as yard no. 163.
Dimensions: 74,11×11,70×6,88 meters [248'2"×38'4"×22'4"] and tonnage: 1653 GRT, 1499 NRT and 2600 DWT.
- 1892 July 6
- Launched at the shipyard of Grangemouth Dockyard Co., Grangemouth, for Joh. H. Soost, Hamburg. Assigned the official German signal RJQD.
- Captain M. Dietrich.
- Sailed from Rio de Janeiro to Tocopilla in 43 days.
- Sailed from Tocopilla to Lizard Point in 91 days.
- Captain F.J. Alster.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to East London in 62 days.
- Sailed from East London to Buenos Ayres in 34 days.
- Sailed from Buenos Ayres to Sydney in 62 days.
- Sailed from Port Pirie - Eddystone in 104 days.
- Sold to H.H. Schmidt, Hamburg.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Seattle in 154 days.
- Captain E. Wohlers.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Sydney in 117 days.
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW, to Junin in 61 days.
- Sailed from Pisagua to Lizard Point in 95 days.
- Captain G. Klüß.
- Captain D. Michelsen.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Sydney in 114 days.
- Sailed from Sydney to Falmouth f/o in 129 days.
- 1912 May 2
- Sold to O.A. Färdig, Nystad. Captain F.I. Rinne.
- 1915 August 26
- Sold to Korsnäs Sågverks AB, Gefle, for SEK 150.000.
- 1917 March 12
- Sold to Emil Löfgren, Stockholm, for SEK 400.000.
- 1917 April 2
- Sold to Förnyade Ångfartygs AB Viking, Gothenburg, for SEK 500.000 and was renamed Bohus. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 5903 and signal KBCV. Captain Ragnar Erik Nyberg, Stockholm.
- 1920 July 5
- Captain Uno Ture Emanuel Jakobsson, Oskarshamn.
- 1921 June
- Transferred to Rederi AB Transatlantic, Gothenburg.
- 1924 January 9
- Sold to Adler Reederei AG (Dönitz, Witt & Co.), Hamburg, for SEK 40.000. The intention was to use the ship as sail training school ship. [Meyer has April 22]
- 1924 April 23
- Sailed from Gothenburg for Taltal in ballast under command of Captain Hugo Ferdinad Blume.
- 1924 April 26
- Wrecked on Otters Wick, Orkney Islands.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
- Meyer, Jürgen: Hamburgs Segelschiffe 1795-1945.
Heinemann, Norderstedt, 1974. 4to, 296 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-16 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.