A steel full-rigged ship built in 1889 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Whiteinch, Glasgow, as yard no. 357.
Dimensions: 278'7"×41'1"×24'2" and tonnage: 2000 GRT, 1935 NRT and ____ tons under deck.
- 1889 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co., Whiteinch, Glasgow, for R.K. Holms-Kerr (Aitken, Lilburn & Co.), Glasgow. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 96072. Command of the ship was given to Captain W.S. Smith.
- Taken over by Brabloch Ship Co. Ltd. (J.R. Cuthbertson), Glasgow.
- Sold to A/S Brabloch (J.A. Henschien), Lillesand, Norway.
- Sold to A/S Skiens Seilskibsrederi (Sigurd Borjen & A.S. Christensen), Skien.
- 1917 March 26
- Sold to Förnyade Ångfartygs AB Viking (Justus Maurits Dannberg), Gothenburg, and was renamed Vinga. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 5948 and signal KBFS. The new measurements were 83,62×12,57×7,33 meters and 2108 GRT, 1961 NRT and 3400 DWT.
- 1921 June
- Transferred to Rederi AB Transatlantic, Gothenburg.
- 1923 December 14
- Sold to Central de Compras de Chatarra, Bilbao, for £ 2500 to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-06-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.