Three-masted iron [?] barque built in 1884 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, as
Dimensions: 58,10×9,95×6,22 meters and tonnage: 906 GRT, 784 NRT, and 1380 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port
Glasgow, for Nicholson & M'Gill, Liverpool.
- Sold to J.&J. Rae & Co. Liverpool.
- Sold to Christoffer Hannevig, Horten, Norway.
- Equipped with two oil-engines of 125 hp each driving
- 1916 April 10
- Sold to Captain Helmer Modin, Stockholm, for SEK 350.000 and renamed Hofvid. Assigned the official Swedish Registration No. 5828. The new measurements were 58,10×9,95×6,22 meters and tonnage: 906 GRT, 784 NRT, and 1380 DWT.
- 1916 June
- Left Moss under command of Captain Harald
- 1918 April 13
- Stranded South of Pernambuco, Brasil, with a cargo of linseed.
- 1918 September 5
- Sold at an auction to buyers in Bahia,
probably broken up on the spot.
- Squarerigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1998-06-13 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.