Cape St Vincent
An iron fullrigged ship built in 1877 by J. & G. Thomson, Glasgow, as yard no. 155.
Dimensions: 239'1"×37'8"×22'2" and tonnage: 1504 GRT, 1421 NRT and 1360 tons under deck.
- 1877 December
- Launched at the shipyard of J. & G. Thomson, Glasgow, for A. Lyle & Sons, Greenock. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 76168 and signal WVMQ. Employed in World wide trade.
- Sold to George Latus & Co., Hull.
- 1892 March 15
- Sold to Otto Banck, Helsingborg, for £ 9800 and was renamed Lady Lina. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 55 and signal HVTJ. Captain Magnus Svensson, Helsingborg, was given command of the ship.
- Captain Anders Mårtensson, Skillinge.
- 1901 June
- Sold to Giuseppina Celle Vve Repetto, Genoa, for £ 6400 and was renamed Angelo Repetto.
- 1910 February
- Disappeared in the North Atlantic on voyage from Rosario to London.
- Squarerigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.