An iron fullrigged ship built in 1875 by Bartram, Haswell & Co., Sunderland, as yard no. 83.
Dimensions: 213'9"×34'5"×20'7" and tonnage: 1042 GRT, 996 NRT and 983 tons under deck.
- 1875 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Bartram, Haswell & Co., Sunderland, for Hine Bros., Maryport. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 72923 and signal WCTR. Employed in the Tasmania and New Zealand trade.
- Reduced to barque rig.
- Captain W. Bryce.
- 1908 January 31 - May 14
- Sailed from Hobart to Falmouth f/o. From where she went to London to discharge the cargo.
- Sold to A/S Castle Holme (Anton H. Mysen); Fredrikstad, Norway.
Captain O. Halvorsen.
- Sold to A/S Ester (H. Jacobsen), Fredrikstad, and was renamed Ester.
Captain Rasmus Halvorsen.
- 1916 July 24
- Sold to A/S Seilskibsrederiet Volante (V. Müller), Copenhagen, for DKK 400.000 and was renamed Ternen.
- 1921 June 11
- Sold to Rederi AB Ronny, Stockholm, for SEK 45.000 and was renamed Ternan. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 6688 and signal KDLJ. The new measurements were 63,40×10,64×6,31 meters and 1078 GRT, 986 NRT and 1600 DWT.
Captain Klaes John Helge Norrby, Bromsten, was appointed in command.
- 1922 August 21
- Sold to Erik Forssberg and Didrik Kindberg, Karlskrona. The new master was Captain Johan Algot Redin, Gökalund.
- 1924 December 18
- Stranded at Hofs Hallar in a fog on voyage from London to Karlskrona in ballast. The wreck was bought for SEK 4000 by Captain Edson and broken up on the spot.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Hine, Alfred: The Holme Line of Maryport.
Sea Breezes Vol. 28 (1959), pp 162-171, ill.
Updated 1997-05-13 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.