County of Anglesea
An iron barque built in 1877 by R. & J. Evans & Co., Liverpool.
Dimensions 214'4"×35'2"×21'2" and 1103 GRT, 1027 NRT.
- 1877 April
- Launched at the shipyard of R. & J. Evans & Co., Liverpool, for Thomas Williams & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 76506 and signal QRHK.
- Sold to W. Gustafsson and O. Pettersson, Mariehamn.
Captain O. Pettersson.
- Captain O. Jansson.
- Dismasted off New Zealand but was able to reach Wellington under jury rig.
- 1910 September
- Sold to New Zealand owners and used as a barge.
- Re-rigged and repaired. Registered in Dunedin under the name
- Rigged down and laid up. Served as a hulk, first at Suva and later in Auckland.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.