An iron fullrigged ship built in 1869 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 204'0"×34'0"×21'7" and tonnage 987 GRT, 925 NRT and 899 tons under deck.
- 1869 June
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for McDiarmid, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 63180 and signal JFRP.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
- Captain J. Morris.
- Owned by Greenshields, Cowie & Co., Liverpool.
- 1889 December 9
- Sold to Hans Nicolaus Alexander Meyers, Hamburg, and was renamed Mathilde Deussen. Assigned the German signal RHSQ. The German measurements were 62,04×10,08×6,62 meters and 990 GRT.
[Lille has 1887]
- 1896 October 26
- Sold to Mentz, Decker & Co., Hamburg.
- 1897 January 8
- Wrecked in Norway on voyage from Hamburg to Fredrikstad and was condemned.
- Sold to J. Aalborg, Kragerö, and was repaired. Renamed
- Sold to F. Jacobsen, Frederikstad.
- Renamed Else.
- Sold to Hugo Lundqvist, Mariehamn. Captain M. Öfverström.
The Finnish measurements were 202'8"×34'0"×21'6".
- 1926 June 1
- Wrecked near the Cape Skag in the Gulf of Bothnia on voyage from Mariehamn to Piteå, Sweden.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.