A steel fullrigged ship built in 1905 by Rijkée & Co., Rotterdam.
Dimensions ___'_"×__'_"×__'_" and ____ GRT and ____ NRT and ____
tons under deck.
Rigged with royals over double top and topgallant sails.
- Launched at the shipyard of Rijkée & Co., Rotterdam, for their own account. The ship had been built on speculation.
- 1905 March 30
- Sold to Wachtsmuth & Krogmann, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal RNMD.
The German measurements were 82,68×12,22×7,03 meters and 2105 GRT.
- In command of Captain J. Christiansen.
- Sailed from Sydney to Falmouth 102 days.
- Sailed from Caleta Colosto to Lizard in 94 days.
- In command of Captain C. Schönewitz.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Gatico in 105 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Lizard in 102 days.
- In command of Captain W. Karstädt.
- 1912 April 30
- Sold to F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and was renamed Pelikan.
- In command of Captain A. Betzendahl.
- In command of Captain A. Wist.
- In command of Captain H. Kaiser.
- Interned in Valparaiso for the duration of the war.
- 1920 September 13
- Sailed from Caleta Buena to Dunkerque in 129 days with a cargo of nitrate.
- Delivered to the Allied powers as war damage compensation.
- Sold to James Bell, Hull.
- Sold to Alf Monsen, Tønsberg, Norway, and was renamed
- Sold to N. Navarettom, La Spezia, and was renamed Ignazio
- Broken up at La Spezia.
Updated 1997-05-08 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.