An iron barque built in 1868 by W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland.
Dimensions 54,29×9,10×5,92 meters [178'0"×29'8"×19'4"] and 709 GRT, 682 NRT and 668 tons under deck.
Still afloat in 1925.
- 1868 June
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, for Horatio Nelson Hughes, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 60073 and signal HDLR.
Employed in the India trade.
- 1875 October 16
- Sold through the shipbroker C.W. Kellock & Co. to R.W. Leyland & Co.,
Liverpool, for £ 8000. [Walker also has the date 1878]
- Captain Thomas Henry Withers, who also owned four shares in the ship, was given command of the ship.
- Captain A.J. Lonnen.
- Sold to Indische Handels Co., Batavia, and was renamed Henriette Haasman.
- Stranded and was disappeared from the registers.
- Listed as owned by the Texas Co., Port Arthur, and named Ida.
- Owner: Cuban Molasses Co., Havana, and named Panuco.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-17 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.