Earl of Zetland
A fullrigged iron ship built in 1875 by McMillan & Son, Dumbarton.
Dimensions 240'3"×38'4"×22'7" and tonnage 1534 GRT, 1461 NRT and 1365 tons under deck.
- 1875 January
- Launched at the shipyard of McMillan & Son, Dumbarton, for J.R. Menzies, Leith, but registered in Glasgow.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 71698 and signal NRFP.
- Captain Cunningham.
- Sold to A.E. Blom and partners, Nystad, Finland. Captain A.E. Fagerlund was put in command.
- 1905 October 5
- Wrecked at Vang, near Hasle, Bornholm, on voyage from Sundsvall to Delagoa Bay, South Africa, with a cargo of timber.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.