A composite barque built in 1866 by G.S. Moore & Co., Sunderland.
Dimensions 50,81×9,61×5,67 meters
[166'6"×31'5"×18'6"] and 698 GRT, 698 NRT and 646 tons under deck.
- 1866 October 27
- Launched at the shipyard of G.S. Moore & Co., Sunderland, for John Charles Buckle, Bristol.
Assigned the official German Reg. No. 53187 and signal MJCS.
- Sold to Killick, Martin, Ritchie and partners, London.
- 1873 - 1877
- In command of Captain Thomas Bragg.
- 1877 - 1884
- In command of Captain Clement Henderson late first mate of The Sir Jamsetjee Family.
- Sold to T. Cossovich, Ragusa. Later registered at Trieste.
- Sold to owners in Genoa.
- Disappears from the registers.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- MacGregor, David R.: The China Bird. The History of Captain Killick, and the Firm he Founded: Killick Martin & Company.
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986 (2nd rev.). 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-19 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.