An iron full-rigged ship built in 1876 by T. Royden & Son, Liverpool, as yard
Dimensions 245'9"×40'3"×23'5" and 1692 GRT, 1613 NRT and 1530 tons under deck. The forecastle was 40 feet long and the poop 50 feet. Equipped with two decks and one bulkhead.
Rigged with royals, single topgallant and double top sails.
- 1876 March
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Royden & Son, Liverpool, for J. Poole & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 74521 and signal PNTG.
- LR 1879-80: In command of Captain T. Westlake.
- In command of Captain F.H. Crotty.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
- In command of Captain H. Barron late mate of the same ship.
- 1900 June 15
- Sold to Carl Franz August Flügge, Hamburg, and was renamed
Antilope. Assigned the official German signal RLQC. The new German
measurements were 73,30×12,28×7,17 meters and 1624 GRT.
- Captain R. Richter.
- Captain R.G. Smith.
- 1905 February 3
- Sold at auction to A/S Argo (C. Bech & Co.), Tvedestrand,
Norge, for DEM 68.000 and was renamed Argo.
- Laid up in Stockholm.
- 1915 January 15
- Sold to Nils Fremberg and partners, Sölvesborg, Sweden, for SEK 46.000.
The new Swedish measurements were: 73,92×12,31×7,25 meters and 1699,27 GRT, 1541,03 NRT and 1526,16 tons under deck.
Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 5667 and signal JVDH.
- 1915 February 23 - 1921 January 5
- In command of Captain Augustinus Adamsson.
- 1916 February 11
- Sold to Sven Oscar Torstensson and partners, Halmstad.
- 1916 May 13
- Sold to Helsingborgs Konstgödnings & Foderämnes AB,
- 1921 October
- Sold to Rederi Golfen, Helsingborg, for SEK 100.000.
- Sold to Rederi AB Svalan, Helsingborg, for SEK 100.000 and was laid up.
- 1923 April
- Sold to Petersen & Albeck, Jern, Skinner, Metal, Gummi og Skibsophugning, Copenhagen, for SEK 39.300 to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1998-06-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.