A steel barque built in 1892 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 73,03×11,00×6,71 meters [236'9"×36'1"×21'7"] and 1448 GRT and 1376 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for C.H.H. Winters, Elsfleth.
Assigned the official German Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
- Sold to Åbo Rederi AB, Åbo, Finland.
- Damaged on voyage Middlesbrough to Fremantle with a cargo of Thomas phosphate, coal and iron. Had to seek refuge in Lisbon.
- Sold to Rederi AB Aura, Åbo.
- Collided and sank the English ship Hilston which was anchored in the Rio de la Plata.
- 1922 October
- Grounded on the Leman & Owers Banks but got off with the loss of her topgallant masts.
- 1923 January 23
- While subsequently in the Thames the Fahrwohl was run into by the steam ship Ostara and while being turned around by tugs and was severely damaged.
- 1923 July
- Sold to Rendsburg to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-18 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.