An iron full-rigged ship built in 1885 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, as Yard No. 229B.
Dimensions 85,10×12,26×7,44 meters [279'0"×40'2"×24'4"] and 2170 GRT, 2118 NRT and 2014 tons under deck.
Sistership to the same owner's ship Wavertree (1885).
- 1885 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, for Sailing Ship Fulwood Co. Ltd. (R.W. Leyland & Co.), Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 91270 and signal KDFN.
- Sold to Sandefjord Hvalfangerselskap (P. Bogen), Sandefjord, Norway, for £ 3000.
Employed as a floating wale oil refinery between Great Britain and South
- Captain A.R. McNoah.
- Sold to At. Glenelsk, Sandfjord.
- Sold to Anton Sivertsen.
- Missing on voyage from Buenos Ayres to Korsør.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.