An iron barque built in 1864 by T. Vernon & Son, Liverpool, as yard no. 706.
Dimensions: 190'0"×31'0"×18'5" and tonnage: 764 GRT, 764 NRT and 696 tons under deck.
- 1864 July
- Launched at the shipyard of T. Vernon & Son, Liverpool, for H. Stenhouse, London. Assigned the official British Registration No. 50084 and signal WGPT. Employed in the India trade.
- Sold to Shaw, Savill & Co., London. Employed in the New Zealand emmigrant trade.
- 1898 August 29
- Sold to Carl Johan Sandell and partners, Oskarshamn, for £2200. Captain Nils Konrad Bökman, Vestervik.
- 1904 July 17
- Captain Gustaf Herman Fröjd, Vestervik, took over command of the ship.
- 1906 March 12
- Captain Nils August Richard Julin, Algutsrum.
- 1908 April
- Sold to Hjalmar Stangebye. Kristiania, for SEK 20.000.
- 1916 May
- Sold to Andreas Hannestad, Fredrikstad.
- 1917 April 13
- Sunk by the German submarine U 30 in the North Sea at 60°36'N, 1°53'E on voyage from Stubbekjøbing to Savannah in ballast. The crew was saved by the steamer Boelette after eleven hours and were taken to Bergen.
- Svenska järn- coh stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 30 (1992).
Updated 1998-03-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.