A wooden barque built in 1865 by G. Gardner, Sunderland.
Dimensions 142'0"×28'5"×17'5" and 465 NRT.
- 1865 January
- Launched at the shipyard of G. Gardner, Sunderland, for Devitt & Moore, London.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 52663 and signal SNRG.
- In command of Captain T.S. Stockman.
- 1869 February 27
- Stranded in the Pearl River but was able to get off without the need of drydocking.
- In command of Captain J.P. Sharp.
- Sold to Blair, Launceston, Tasmania.
- Sold to the Kauri Timber Co., Melbourne.
- 1895 December
- Wrecked on Thomas Rock, Cook Strait.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of
Messrs Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.