Grossherzog Friedrich August
A steel barque built in 1914 by Johann C. Tecklenborg AG, Geestemünde. Her dimensions are 73,0×12,6×____ meters [239'6"×41'0"×__'_"] and tonnage 1701 GRT, ___ NRT and displacement ___ tons.
- Launched at the shipyard of Johann C. Tecklenborg AG, Geestemünde, for . . .
Employed as a sailing schoolship.
- Handed over to Great Britain as war-damage reparations.
- Sold to Norges Redareforbund, Norway, for NOK 425.000 and was renamed Statsraad Lehmkuhl.
- Transferred to Bergens Skoleskib, Bergen.
- Appropriated by the German occupation forces and was renamed Westwärs.
- Sold to Hilmar Reksten.
- Laid up at Bergen.
- Transferred to Stiftelsen Seilskipet Statsraad Lehmkuhl.
Updated 1998-07-01 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1998 Lars Bruzelius.