An iron barque built in 1876 by Osbourne, Graham & Co., Sunderland.
Dimensions 191'7"×31'8"×19'2" and 803 GRT, 778 NRT and 753 tons under deck.
- 1876 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Osbourne, Graham & Co., Sunderland, for R. Rees, Carnarvon, Wales.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 70315 and signal PJRN.
- Owned by R. Thomas & Co., Criccieth (LR: Carnarvon).
- Captain W. Hansord.
- Sold to Antonio Gotusso, Portofino.
- 1913 April
- Sold to Jakobstads Rederi AB (K. Ström), Jakobstad, Finland, for FIM 38.000 and was renamed Ira. Some FIM 12.00 was spent on repairs and outfitting. The Finnish measurements were 61,70×x9,64×5,76 meters and 786 GRT and 710 NRT. Captain Torsten Röösgren.
- 1914 October
- Laid up at Jakobstad.
- Sold to Oy Tonnage AB, Raumo.
- Sold to Scott, fell & Co, Sydney, and was renamed Gwrtheyrn
- Re-built as a coal hulk in Sydney.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.