An iron barque built in 1868 by Brown & Simpson, Dundee.
Dimensions 156'0"×26'7"×17'2" and 495 GRT, 472 NRT and 469 tons under deck.
- 1868 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Brown & Simpson, Dundee, for W. Nicol, Dundee. Assigned the official British Registration No. 58240 and signal HVNF.
- Sold to J. Machen, Dundee.
- 1881 September
- Sold to Carl Georg Ludwig Mathies & Co., Hamburg. The German measurements were 48,09×8,24×5,33 meters and 478 NRT.
- In command of Captain P.C. Svarrer.
- 1888 August 12
- Sold to A/S Havilah (P.C. Svarrer), Nordby, Fanø, Denmark, for DEM 48.000 or DKK 42.000.
Sailed for Knöhr & Burchard in the South Sea trade.
- 1892 May 23
- Sold to Gottfrid Sjöberg and partners, Malmö, for £ 2200. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 215 and signal JBGK. The new measurements were 47,50×8,15×5,23 meters and 511 GRT, 448 NRT and 900 DWT.
Captain Gustaf Rosenquist, Mölle.
- Captain Carl Wilh. Myra, Öregrund.
- 1895 December 12
- Arrived to Helsingborg from Tocopilla with a cargo of nitrate and grounded 300 meters south of the outer pier while under tow into the harbour. Re-floated after part of the cargo had been discharged. Was condemned and taken over by the insurance company.
Sold at auction back to the old owners for SEK 23.000.
- 1896 March 31
- Captain Bernhard Corfitzon, Mölle.
- 1899 October 21
- Wrecked 6 miles EbN of Enskärs Lighthouse, Nystad, Finland, on voyage from Kemi.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Cappelin, Sven: Strandade skepp.
Länspumpen Årg. 26, Göteborg, 1997. pp 2:40.
Updated 1997-07-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.