An iron fullrigged ship built in 1874 by J. Blumer & Co., Sunderland.
Dimensions 219'7"×35'1"×20'7" and 1156 GRT, 1123 NRT.
Rigged with skysails.
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Blumer & Co., Sunderland, for British Eastern Shipping Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to New Zealand Shipping Co., London, and was renamed Waimate.
- Sold to G.A. Lindblom, Åbo, and was renamed Valkyrian.
Captain A.W. Smitslund.
- Reduced to barque-rig.
- 1898 August 9
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW, for Iquique and was never heard of again.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-12 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Ships | Search.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.