An iron full-rigged ship built in 1867 by W. Doxford & Son, Sunderland.
Dimensions 170'6"×29'5"×19'1" and 673 GRT, 655 NRT and 627
tons under deck.
Reduced to barque rig early in her career (before 1870).
- 1867 May
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Doxford & Son, Sunderland, for David Hunter, Ayr, & Thomas Clark, Irvine.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 58561 and signal HPTV. In command of
Captain Thomas Clark.
- Dismasted off the Azores.
- Sold to Devitt & Moore, London.
- In command of Captain E.C.S. Achard.
- 1900 May 21
- Sailed from London to Annotto Bay, Oracabessa, Jamacia, and returned to Le Havre.
- Laid up.
- Sold to Italian owners for £845 and was dismantled.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of Messrs
Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.