An iron barque built in 1875 by Wm. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, as yard no. 67.
Dimensions: 178'5"×29'8"×19'2" and tonnage: 718 GRT, 699 NRT, 672 tons under deck and 1235 DWT.
- 1875 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Wm. Doxford & Sons, Sunderland, for P. Denniston & Co., Glasgow. Assigned the official British Registration No. 71718 and signal NVPF.
- LR 1879-80: Master: Captain W. Mathews.
- Captain J.C.H. Siebert.
- Sold to Bq Jamacia Co. Lim. (H. Chaplin & Co.), London.
- Sold to P.A. Schiaffino fu G., Genoa.
- Sold to P. Vidal, Montevideo, and was renamed Carolina.
- 1915 November
- Sold to Sten Aurell, Stockholm. Seller was Walter Wrightson, Mobile. The noew tonnage measurements were 718 GRT and 699 NRT.
- 1915 December 15
- Sprung a leak in the Gulf of Mexico on voyage from Freeport, TX, with a cargo of sulphur for Gothenburg. Returned to the Freeport roads where she sank.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.