A steel fullrigged ship built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Greenock.
Dimensions 260'0"×38'1"×23'0" and 1707 GRT and 1625 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Greenock, for Campbell, Finlay & Co., Greenock.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
- 1902 July
- Sold to J.A. Malén and partners, Nystad, Finland, for £
5800. The Finnish measurements were 79×11,6×7,02 meters.
Captain H.W. Widberg.
- Collided with another vessel in the English Channel and was towed to Portland. The stem, the main rig and several yards had been damaged. The
subsequent repairs took place in Southampton.
- Sold to Uudenkaupungin Valtamerilaica Oy.
- Captain Einar Grönblom.
- Captain E.W. Hellsten.
- Sold to Barking Shipbreaking Co., Chatham, to broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-21 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.