A steel fullrigged ship built in 1891 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 260'_"×38'_"×23'_" and 1734 GRT, 1657 NRT and 2800 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Russell & Co., Port Glasgow, for King Shipping Co. (J.A. Walker & Co.), Glasgow.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
- 1910 November 11
- Sold to J. Saarinen and partners, Nystad, Finland, for £ 3400. Captain Grönroos was given command of the ship.
- Captain A. Nylund succeded Captain Grönroos.
- 1915 August 22
- Sailed from Sabine Pass for Buenos Ayres. In the middle of the month she was sighted from a British steamer flying a flag of distress. Due to the violent typhoon no assistance could be given.
- 1915 September 12
- A lifeboat which has belonged to the King Edward drifted ashore at Mobile. Nothing else was ever learnt about the fate of the ship.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-21 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.