A three-masted steel barque built in 1880 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 68,98×11,07×6,73 meters [226'2×36'4×22] and tonnage: 1235 GRT, 1144 NRT and 1900 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for Nicholson & McGill, Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal TKBV.
- In command of Captain A. Halladay.
- In command of Captain A. Brander.
- In command of Captain R. Thompson.
- CaptainJ.C. Kitchin.
- 1894 August 4
- Sailed from Liverpool to Iquique in 88 days.
- Sold to Kr. Knudsen, Kristiansand, Norway, for £ 2500.
Assigned the Norwegian signal KCJV.
- In command of Capatin G. Magnusdal.
- Sold to A/S Transatlantic (J.M. Larsen), Nyborg, Denmark, for £ 20 000. Assigned the Danish signal NVBD. [Grönstrand has J.J. Larsen]
- Sold to Pappas & Pressas, Le Havre, France, but registered under R.H. Bager, Marstal, Denmark, and was renamed
Suzanne. She was mainly used in the logwood trade from Jamaica to Le
Havre. [Grönstrand has R.K. Bager]
- Sold to Gustaf Erikson, Mariehamn, for £ 800 and was renamed
Kylemore. Was laid up for most of the time and did only a few trips to
Denmark under the command of K.J. Eriksson.
- 1936 November
- Sold to Leth & Co., Hamburg, to be broken up.
- 1937 January 7
- Sailed from Mariehamn to Hamburg where she
arrived on January 16th.
Updated 1997-06-12 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1995 Lars Bruzelius.