An iron full-rigged ship built in 1869 by W. Pile & Co., Sunderland.
Dimensions 187'7"×30'6"×18'6" and 717 GRT and 676 NRT and 633
- 1869 January
- Launched at the shipyard of W. Pile & Co., Sunderland, for A. Pardew, Sunderland.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 60909 and signal HRCQ.
- Sold to Devitt & Moore, London, and was renamed Outalpa.
- In command of Captain H.N. Forbes.
- In command of Captain J.H. Barrett.
- In command of Captain T.A. Odell.
- In command of Captain R. Watts.
- In command of Captain B.G. Panton late of the same owner's ship Pekina.
- 1881 April 8
- Sold to Conrad Hinrich Donner, Hamburg, and was renamed Dido. The German measurements were 57,30×9,33×5,76 meters and 695 NRT.
- In command of Captain F.G. Crantz.
- 1883 August 26
- Stranded one mile E of Kedgets, County Cork, Ireland, and
became a total loss. The crew of 14 was saved.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of
Messrs Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-07 by Lars Bruzelius
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.