An iron barque built in 1867 by A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, as yard no. 111.
Dimensions: 175'4"×27'8"×18'2" and tonnage: 600 GRT, 600 NRT and 581 tons under deck.
- 1867 November
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, for Louden & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 60030 and signal HTVL.
- Captain W. Monk was given command of the ship.
- Sold to Cia Sud Americana de Vapores, Valparaiso.
- Sold to Lever, Murphy & Co., Valparaiso.
- 1897 March 6
- Sold to Ferdinand Nätterqvist, Henrösand, for DEM 31.700. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 3005 and signal JGTL. The new measurements were 52,64×8,45×6,68 meters and 645 GRT, 593 NRT and 930 DWT.
- 1901 September
- Sold to Erik Johan Lodin and partners, Henrösand, and it was decided to rename her Elise which however never happened.
- 1902 August 31
- Drifted ashore and was wrecked at Port Elizabeth, Algoa Bay, during a storm when the Norwegian barque Waimea broke her chains.
The Limari collided with the wreck of the Nautilus and was broken apart.
- Squarerigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.