Steel barque built in 1893 by Fevig Jernskibsbyggeri, Arendal, Norway.
Dimensions 64,92×10,32×5,40 meters [216'×34'×18'1"] and tonnage 1081 GRT, 999 NRT and 1600 DWT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Fevig Jernskibsbyggeri, Arendal, Norway, on speculation but was bought by B.A. Olsen & Sønner, Lyngør, Norway.
- Sold to Wardle & Co., Port Adelaide, for £ 6000 and
was renamed to Wathara in May 1916.
- 1919 September
- Sold to James Bell & Co., Hull, for £
- 1922 May
- Sold to Alf Monsen, Tønsberg. Captain H.J Wang.
- 1925 March 12
- Sold to
Gustav Erikson, Mariehamn, for £ 2200 and was renamed Lingard. The Finnish measurements yielded the tonnage: 1039 GRT and 882 NRT.
- 1935 November 2
- Collided in Kattegat with the Swedish steamer
Gerd which sank with the loss of the entire crew. The Lingard
was towed to Gothenburg where she was condemned and sold to Stavanger
- Sold to Norsk Sejlskute Klubb, Oslo, for NOK 24.500 in
damaged condition. Repared and used as a club house and museum.
- 1941 [?]
- Taken over by the German army and used a storage hulk.
- 1946 May
- Sold to a salvage company in Moss to be cut down to a
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.