An iron fullrigged ship built in 1877 by A. & J. Inglis, Glasgow.
Dimensions: 226'9"×35'9"×21'6" and tonnage: 1288 GRT, 1235 NRT and 1130 tons under deck.
- 1877 November
- Launched at the shipyard of Inglis, Glasgow, for General Shipping Co. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 78565 and signal RCKB. Employed in the Australian wool trade.
- 1877 - 1894
- In command of Captain William Stuart of Peterhead, for many years the master of the famous The Tweed.
- 1878 January 17 - April 3
- Sailed from the Scillies to Sydney in 76 days.
- 1881 July 7 - September 20
- Sailed from the Clyde to Sydney in 79 days.
- 1883 January 24 - May 16
- Sailed from Sydney to London in 112 days.
- 1892 October 15 - December 25
- Sailed from Glasgow to Melbourne, where she arrived 70 days out from the Tail of the Bank.
- 1893 January 26 - April 29
- Sailed from Melbourne to London in 93 days with a cargo of wool.
- 1893 September 23 - December 12
- Sailed from Glasgow to Adelaide.
- 1894 January 18 - April 15
- Sailed from Melbourne with a part cargo of wool to Antwerp in 87 days after having been detained for a week in Bass Straits. Captain Stuart died on September 21 and was buried at sea.
- Sold to French owners for £ 1350 and hulked. Later broken up at Genoa.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Dressel, Don: The Loch Etive.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1998-09-28 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.