An iron full-rigged ship built in 1876 by J. & G. Thomson, Glasgow.
Dimensions 234'7"×37'2"×22'3" and tonnage 1468 GRT 1382 NRT, 1322 tons under deck, and 220 DWT.
- 1876 December
- Launched at the shipyard of J. & G. Thomson, Port Glasgow, for J. & R. Wilson & Co., Glasgow.
Assigned the official British Registration No. 76732 and signal WVCN.
- Sold to J.E. Söderberg, Nystad, Finland.
- 1900 October 5
- Stranded at Westermarkelsdorf, Fehmarn, but was
salvaged five days later.
- Sold to Isak Grödahl, Nystad. Master was Captain P.
- Reduced to barque rig sometime between 1910 and 1913.
- Sold to Rederi AB Standard, Åbo.
- 1922 October
- Sold to Åbo Nya Rederi AB, Åbo, for
- 1922 November 2
- Sold to Gustav Erikson, Mariehamn, for FIM
- 1933 November 5
- Wrecked at Kökars Ören, Åland.
The figurehead is preserved at the Ålands
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1998-07-20 by Lars Bruzelius
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.