An iron fullrigged ship built in 1874 by Alex. Stephen & Sons, Dundee, as Yard No. 57.
Dimensions 264'2"×39'0"×23'4" and tonnage 1812 GRT, 1728 NRT and 1603 tons under deck.
- 1874 August
- Launched at the shipyard of Alex. Stephen & Sons, Dundee, for Dundee Clipper Line (David Bruce), Dundee.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 68273 and signal NLQT.
- Captain Paton was given command of the ship.
- Sold to John Rivell, Nystad. The Finnish measurements were 1753 GRT and 1670 NRT.
Captain C.F. Sjöroos.
- Re-rigged as barque.
- Captain A. Sillsten.
- Captain Gustaf Erikson.
- Captain E.W. Mattsson.
- Sold to H. Piaggio, Genoa, and was renamed Elena.
- Sold to Hijos Joaquin Pujol, Barcelona, and was renamed Joaquin Pujol.
- 1929 November
- Broken up at Savona.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.