An iron barque built in 1875 by A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, as yard no. 185.
Dimensions: 173'4"×28'0"×17'6" and tonnage: 591 GRT, 560 NRT and 560 tons under deck.
- 1875 July
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Stephen & Sons, Glasgow, for Hargrove & Hallon, Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 70495 and signal PCBL.
- Sold to J. Williams.
- Sold to G. Tulloch & Co., Swansea. [Listed in LR 1879-80]
- Sold to L. Tulloch & Co., Swansea.
- Captain Davies.
- Abandoned in the North Sea during heavy weather. The drifting ship was later found and brought into Hamburg.
- 1902 May 20
- Sold at auction in Hamburg to John E. Olson, Gothenburg, for £ 1780 and was renamed Trifolium. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 4034 and signal JMSH. The new measurements were 50,32×8,53×5,36 meters and 591 GRT, 519 NRT and 940 DWT.
Captain Hjalmar Westerhult was given command of the ship.
- 1914 February 5
- Sailed from Cardiff with a cargo of coal and clay for Bahia.
- 1914 March 15
- Wrecked at Sennen Cove, Land's End.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.