An iron fullrigged ship built in 1883 by H. Bothof & W. Gravenstein,
Dimensions 206'8"×35'9"×20'9" and 1244 GRT, 1213 NRT and 1131 tons under deck.
- 1883 March
- Launched at the shipyard of H. Bothof & W. Gravenstein,
Slikkerveer, for ....
- Captain L. Klinkhamer.
- LR 1889-90: Owner: J. Koning & van Delden, Rotterdam.
- Sold to August Troberg, Mariehamn, for FIM 105.000. The Finnish
measurements were 62,3×10,5×6,22 meters. Captain G.A. Lindström.
- 1902 August 6-8
- Lost all but the fore rig and sprung a leak during bad weather off Cape Horn on voyage from Wallaroo to Cartagena with a cargo of lead and silver ore.
- 1902 August 8
- The crew was rescued by the Britsh ship Kilmory and the Lotos was abandoned after the hatches had been taken off.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.