An iron barque built in 1868 by Hall, Russell & Co., Aberdeen, as yard no. 266.
Dimensions: 138'5"×25'2"×14'0" and tonnage: 320 GRT, 310 NRT and 296 tons under deck.
She had a raised quarter deck 45 ft long.
- 1868 November
- Launched at the shipyard of Hall, Russell & Co., Aberdeen, for Darbyshire, Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 58942 and signal HMFC.
- Sold to T. Harrison & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to African Association Ltd., Liverpool.
- Sold to William Collins Jarvis & Sons, Liverpool.
- 1898 July 23
- Sold to Claes Philip Bäckström, Stockholm, for £ 1350. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 3279 and signal JHVK. The new measurements were 41,65×7,58×4,24 meters and 320 GRT, 295 NRT and 525 DWT.
The master was Captain Claes Philip Bäckström, Stockholm.
- 1906 August
- Sold to British owners (Thomas Am...), Wales, to be used as coal barge.
Her final fate is not known.
- Squarerigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 2004-01-12 by Lars Bruzelius.
The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.