An iron full-rigged ship built in 1879 by A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton.
Dimensions 255'5"×38'3"×20'6" and 1507 GRT and 1450 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton, for their own account.
- Sold to J.A. Roxburgh, Glasgow.
- Sold to Rederi AB Ocean (H.O. Guldbrandsen), Viborg, and was renamed
Ocean. Probably reduced to a barque at this time.
- 1909 June
- Sold to Italian owners for ITL 2950.
- Reputed to have been condemned at the Rio del la Plata. Later owned
Debemardis & Donero, Montevideo, under the name Rosario.
- 1917 June
- Torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-05 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.