A composite barque built in 1868 by John Blumer & Co., Sunderland.
Dimensions 49,29×9,58×5,64 meters
[161'6"×31'4"×18'5"] and 658 GRT, 640 NRT and ____ tons under
- 1868 October 15
- Launched at the shipyard of John Blumer & Co., Sunderland, for C. Ansoleaga, Manila.
Employed in the Manila - Liverpool/London trade.
- 1875 February 19
- Sold to Killick, Martin & Ritchie, London, and was renamed Lucia.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. _____ and signal ____.
- 1875 - 1886
- Captain Cornelius Dunmanway Crowley late first mate of the same owner's ship Elmstone.
- 1886 May 21
- Sold to Thomas Roberts, Llanelly, Carmarthenshire.
- 1891 February 14
- Sold to H. Calppison, Shanghai.
- Sold to N.E.A. Möller, Shanghai. Later owned by Möller Bros.
- 1904 September 19
- Struck a mine and sank off Port Arthur on voyage from
Sganhai to Newchang. Only one of a crew of 16 was saved.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- MacGregor, David R.: The China Bird. The History of Captain Killick, and the Firm he Founded: Killick Martin & Company.
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986 (2nd rev.). 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-19 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.