An iron barque built in 1876 by A. Hall & Co., Aberdeen, as yard no. 288 at a total cost of £ 7903.
Dimensions 157'1"×27'3"×45'6" and 456 GRT, 442 NRT and 393 tons under deck.
- 1876 January
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Hall & Co., Aberdeen, for J.T. Rennie & Sons, Aberdeen. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 70447.
Used in the trade between Great Britain and South Africa.
- Sold to J.H. Wøllner, Arendahl, Norway
- 1893 November
- Abandoned 22 miles east of Spurn Point after having dis-masted during a violent storm on voyage from Arendal to Rio de Janeiro. The still floating wreck was brought to Grimsby.
- 1894 May 19
- The wreck was sold to Otto Banck and Johan Ingmansson,
Sölvesborg, for £ 800.
- 1894 October
- Was registered in Sweden and renamed Hildur after having been repaired and received the rig from the barque Jomsborg.
Captain Frans Larsson, Helsingborg.
- Captain Ludvig Georg Tillström, Karlshamn.
- 1900 May 4
- Sold at auction to J. Latayle & Cie., Bordeaux, and was renamed Madelaine.
- 1901 August 5
- Lost at sea due to fire.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.