An iron full-rigged ship built in 1875 by A. Stephen, Dundee.
Dimensions 245'2"×38'3"×23'1" and 1575 GRT and 1500 NRT and 1402
tons under deck.
Sistership to Duntrune (1875).
- 1875 September
- Launched at the shipyard of A. Stephen, Dundee, for David Bruce, Dundee.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 73395 and signal WTGL.
- Sailed from Britain to Otago in 72 days under command of Captain H. Boaden.
- 1877 March 4 - May 22
- Sailed from Tuskar to Melbourne in 79 days.
- Sailed from Calcutta to Dundee in 101 days.
- 1882 September 23 - January 16
- Sailed from San Francisco to
- Sailed from Queenstown in 115 days.
- 1883 March 2 - May 10
- Sailed from Greenock to Maryboro, Queensland, in 69 days under command of Captain J.Y. Miller. This is the record for the passage.
- Sailed from Maryborough to San Francisco in 44 days.
- Sailed from San Francisco to Queenstown f.o. in 119 days.
- Captain J.N. Walker.
- Sailed from Sharpness to Calcutta 99 days.
- Sailed from Calcutta to Dundee 110 days
- Sailed from Middlesbro' to Calcutta 107 days.
- Sailed from Calcutta to London 99 days.
- Sailed from London to Melbourne 90 days.
- Sailed from Melbourne to Valparaiso in 36 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Falmouth in 94 days.
- Sailed from Calcutta to London in 109 days.
- Sailed from London to Sydney 74 days.
- Sailed from Sydney to London 83 days.
- Sold to Italian owners and was renamed Ortrud.
- Renamed Nostra signora della Guardia.
- 1916 August 30
- Sunk by a German submarine 30 miles off Cape San Antonio on voyage from Philadelphia to Savona.
- 1917 August
- Owned in Italy under name Ostend.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-07 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.