An iron full-rigged ship built in 1886 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton.
Dimensions 280'0"×40'2"×25'1" and 2192 GRT, 2141 NRT, 2043 tons under deck and 3500 DWT.
- 1886 May
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, for F. & A. Nodin, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 93673 and signal KGLV.
The first master of the ship was Captain C.V. Adams.
- Sold to Robert Thomas & Co., Liverpool.
- Taken over by the British Shipping Controller and managed by J. Stewart & Co., London.
- Sold to B.G. Grönblom, Åbo, for £ 49.000. The Finnish measurements were 2141 GRT and 2070 NRT. Captain P.K. Jansson was given command of the ship.
- Captain G.A. Wigren.
- Used for sail training.
- Sold to Sunderland for £ 4000 to be broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.