Fullrigged steel ship built in 1895 by A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton.
Dimensions: 81,44×12,23×7,20 meters [267'0"×40'1"×23'6"] and tonnage: 1911 GRT and ____ NRT.
Carried the traditional Corsar flying horse figure head.
- 1895 June
- Launched at the shipyard of A. McMillan & Son, Dumbarton, for D. Corsar & Sons, Liverpool.
- 1904 February 14
- Sailed from Hamburg for Melbourne where she arrived after 116 days.
- Sailed from San Francisco with a cargo of grain to Falmouth in 110 days.
- Sailed from Liverpool to Sydney in 128 days.
- Sold to John Hardie & Sons, Glasgow.
- 1910 February 14
- Left Hamburg for Melbourne where she arrived after 116 days. She carried a general cargo including 750 cases of dynamite and 300 kegs if gunpowder
- Sailed from Geelong with a cargo of wheat to Callao in 69 days.
- Captain Donaldson.
- 1911 April
- Sold to John Stewart & Co., for £ 4850.
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW, to Taltal in 58 days.
- Sailed from Taltal to London in 95 days.
- Sailed from London to Buenos Ayres in 60 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Sydney where she arrived in May after 89 days.
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW, to Callao in 60 days.
- Sold to Ballener Espanola (Brun & van der Lippe, Tønsberg), for £ 2500 and used as a coal hulk at Corcubion, Spain.
Updated 1997-04-30 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.