An iron fullrigged ship built in 1874 by Robert Steele, Greenock.
Dimensions 253'0"×38'2"×22'8" and 1542 GRT and 1469 NRT and 1383
tons under deck.
- 1874 December
- Launched at the shipyard of Robert Steele, Greenock, for Baine & Johnson, Greenock.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 72378 and signal NRJS.
- Captain J. Ralston.
- Sold to Louson Walker.
- 1896 June 20
- Sold to G.A. Lindblom and partners, Åbo, Finland. Captain P. Sundell.
- Sailed from Hamburg to Fremantle. Count Felix von Luckner served as a deck boy during this voyage.
- 1901 October
- Sold to Bioglio Mortola, Genoa.
- Broken up at Genoa.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-21 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.