An iron barque built in 1889 by Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow, as Yard No. 160.
Dimensions: 258'8"×38'7"×22'7" and tonnage: 1663 GRT, 1691 NRT and ____ tons under deck.
- Launched at the shipyard of Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow.
- 1889 April 27
- Delivered to Alb. Evers & Classen, Hamburg. Assigned the official German signal RHWV. Captain D.J. Spille.
- Sold to Åbo Rederiaktiebolg (G.A. Lindblom), Åbo, Finland. The Finnish measurements were 75,4×11,6×6,9 meters. Captain Wilhelm Fagerholm was given command of the vessel.
- 1900 November 19
- The coal cargo caught fire on voyage from Hamburg to China and the ship was abandoned near the Fiji Islands. The wreck was later towed by a steamer to Suva. Later sold to Union Steam Co., New Zealand, and used as a coal hulk at Wellington.
- Scuttled at sea off the Wellington Heads.
Updated 1998-01-09 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.