An iron barque built in 1869 by J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 204'0"×34'0"×21'7" and tonnage: 1002 GRT, 955 NRT and 899 tons under deck.
The final fate is not known.
- 1869 August
- Launched at the shipyard of J. Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for McDiarmid, Greenshields & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Registration No. 63200 and signal JGRF.
- LR 1870-71: Captain T. Scott.
- LR 1872-73: Captain T. Scott.
- LR 1879-80: Captain Oliver.
- LR 1889-90: Captain J. Partridge.
- 1889 December 12
- Sold to Theodor & F. Eimbcke, Hamburg. Assigned the German signal RHSG.
The German measurements were 60,28×10,40×6,67 meters.
- In command of Captains H. van Heuvel and H. Rickert.
- Sailed from Bordeaux to Mazatlan in 118 days.
- Sailed from Guaymas to Portland, OR, in 35 days.
- Sailed from Portland, OR, to Lizard Point in 148 days.
- 1898 September
- Sold to Gottfrid Sjöberg, Malmö, for SEK 5100 and was renamed Elsa. Captain Gustaf Rosenquist, Mölle.
- 1903 December
- Captain Rosenquist died while in East London and the first mate Sigfrid Hallberg, Brunnby, took the command of the ship.
- Sold to Mozey, Savon & Co., London, and was renamed Palawan. Reduced to a barge.
- Sold to Lafita & Cia, Bilbao, and was renamed Virgen del Mar. Equipped with a Wolverine diesel engine and rigged as a four-masted schooner.
- Rigged off.
Updated 1997-04-05 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.