A wooden full-rigged ship built of teak in 1866 by James Laing, Sunderland.
Dimensions: 231'0"×38'2"×22'8" and tonnage: 1521 GRT, 1521 NRT and 1298 tons under deck. She also loaded 190 tons under a raised quarter deck.
Equipped with iron beams.
- 1866 May
- Launched at the shipyard of James Laing, Sunderland, for Devitt & Moore, London. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 54740 and signal HSFR. Employed in the Australian cargo and passenger trade.
- In command of Captain John Williams late of the same owner's ship La Hogue.
- In command of Captain J.R. Brown.
- In command of Captain William Goddard late of the same owner's ship La Hogue.
- 1876 February 1 - April 21
- Sailed from Sydney to London in 79 days with a cargo of wool.
- 1877 February 17 - May 10
- Sailed from Sydney to London in 82 days.
- 1879 February 5 - April 26
- Sailed from Sydney to Plymouth in 80 days with a cargo of wool.
- 1881 January 24 - April 30
- Sailed from Sydney to London in 96 days with a cargo of wool.
- 1883 March 6 - July 7
- Sailed from Sydney to London in 123 days with a cargo of wool.
- Sold to J. Simonsen, Mandal, Norway.
- 1898 January 12
- Sailed from Sapelo, Galveston, TX, for Ling's Lynn, Norfolk, with a cargo of pitch-pine and disappeared on the way.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of
Messrs Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.