An iron barque built in 1882 by Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, as Yard No. 20.
Dimensions 64,12x10,45x6,09 meters [___'_"×__'_"×__'_"] and 1080
GRT and 1050 NRT and ____ tons under deck.
- 1882 June 19
- Launched at the shipyard of Blohm & Voss, Hamburg, for F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal ____.
- In command of Captain J.P.M. Thedens.
- In command of Captain Robert Hilgendorf.
- Sailed from Hamburg to Valparaiso in 84 days. The rounding Cape Horn from
50°S in the Atlantic to 50°S in the Pacific was made in 7 days.
- Sailed from Pisagua to the English Channel in 98 days.
- 1886 May 4
- Foundered off Cape Horn on voyage from Shields with a cargo of coal
for Valparaiso. shifted. The crew left the ship in the boats and was later
picked up by the British barque Saraca.
Updated 1997-05-10 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.